Songwriting Camp: Intermediate to Advanced
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sat, 07/18/2020
Songwriting camp at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum offers a fun and unforgettable experience where budding songwriters can hone their craft, learn from professionals, and make new friends. Camp includes one-on-one mentoring sessions, instrument instruction, performance coaching, recording experiences, workshops led by special guests, and much more. Campers will also enjoy unlimited access to the museum galleries and will tour Historic RCA Studio B, located on Nashville’s Music Row.
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
The July session, with added emphasis on recording techniques and co-writing, is for intermediate to advanced level songwriters, ages 11 to 18. Previous songwriting experience is required. All applicants to the Intermediate to Advanced Songwriting Camp must submit lyrics and a recording of one song they have written or co-written. A statement about the song and previous songwriting instruction is also required. See additional details below.
- Intermediate: An intermediate songwriter has some understanding of how songs are put together and has written a few songs but is eager to add knowledge and build confidence alongside new friends.
- Advanced: An advanced songwriter has solid understanding of the fundamentals of lyric writing, including title, theme, verse, chorus, bridge, and rhyme scheme, and is ready to take their songwriting to the next level.
CAMP ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Step-by-step songwriting lessons
- Creative writing exercises
- Individual and small-group mentoring
- Instrument instruction
- Voice and performance coaching
- A trip to Historic RCA Studio B, located on Music Row
- Activities in the museum galleries
- Workshop led by a special guest
- Digital recording tutorial
- Visual art
- Camper showcase in the Ford Theater
- Exploration of the co-writing process
- Recording and production technique sessions
- Alternatives in songwriting exercises and approaches
- Introduction to the business of songwriting and music publishing
photo courtesy of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.
The event has already taken place on this date:
$385 for current Museum members (family level membership and up). $460 for non-members. We offer a limited number of needs-based financial assistance packages that reduce the camp fee to $25 or $230 for qualifying families. Visit our website for more information.