Vanderbilt University Dyer Observatory Space Science summer camp
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 07/19/2019
The Dyer Observers Space Science Camp supports students who are serious about exploring the worlds of science, math, and technology, and opens up their minds to future career possibilities in these fields. Campers are inspired by interacting with astronomers who are respected researchers and seasoned instructors. Participation in group activities builds self-confidence, problem-solving ability, and social skills.
Sample past activities:
• Interact with cutting-edge research astronomers
• Learn how telescopes work, and build your own
• Safely view the dynamic surface of the Sun through a solar telescope and attend a nighttime telescope viewing
• Journey to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL for a day-long adventure
• Learn about basic electronics, and use the knowledge to build working projects
• Construct a functioning model Hubble Space Telescope
• Make your own realistic models of comets, and learn how craters are formed
• Design and launch bottle rockets as an introduction to rocketry
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.